California Community Colleges Veterans Symposium
April 6-7, 2020
Dear 2020 Veterans Symposium Attendees,
Thank you for your planned participation at our upcoming 2020 Veterans Symposium scheduled to take place from April 6-7, 2020 in Newport Beach. Many of you have been in touch with questions regarding the status of the event in relation to COVID-19, so we wanted to provide an update: the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office have made the difficult decision to postpone this upcoming conference. At this time, we have not determined the new dates for this conference. Please know we are working diligently on this and will update everyone as soon as possible.
We have been closely monitoring statewide updates and responses to COVID-19, as well as guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local health officials, and epidemiology experts. Through evaluation of the current circumstances, the conference committee, our sponsors, and our major partners have decided that postponing is the appropriate step to ensuring the health and wellbeing of our community members and staff.
Hotel Refund Room Information:
- We are currently working out the cancellation/refund process with the hotel. Rest assured anyone who have prepaid will receive a full refund.
- At this time, please do not contact the hotel about cancellation or refunds until further notice from us.
- Registration fees will be fully refunded to all registrants. (Processing Time: Please allow 2-4 weeks for credit cards and up to 4 weeks for checks).
- You will have to re-register for the rescheduled event. Please look out for future communication when that registration is open.
- Exhibitor and sponsorship fees will be applied to the rescheduled event unless otherwise requested (via email to Constance Crawford at email@example.com).
- We appreciate our partners and hope to see you at the rescheduled event.
- Presenters and moderators will remain the same to the extent possible pending your availability for the rescheduled dates.
We understand this news may come as a disappointment to many of you and express our sincerest apologies, though we appreciate your understanding and flexibility in supporting the safety of all attendees. Should you have any questions, please refer to the Chancellor’s Office website on COVID-19.
Rhonda Mohr, Vice Chancellor for Student Services and Special Programs
Michael Quiaoit, Dean of Student Services